Wednesday, January 7, 2009

You Gotta Love the Democrats

I was reading through the headlines like I usually do to find something interesting and noticed that Obama had pledged to fix our entitlement programs. I wish him the best in this endeavor and I honestly hope he can get something done.

At another part of the article however I found these humorous gems: [Obama] named Nancy Killefer as his administration's chief performance officer, creating a new White House position aimed at eliminating government waste and improving efficiency. Wait a minute...creating new positions and adding to the size of government in order to reduce government problems and eliminate waste? I, for one, hope he also creates an oversite committee who would be responsible for reviewing the work of a committee who would be responsible for reviewing the work of this new role to ensure that no one is wasting their time and our money.

He also talked about how concerned he is with the size of deficit he is receiving, almost trying to blame that debt on the Bush administration. This is, of course, after he has released his proposal to finance a $700 to $1 trillion stimulus plan and after his fellows in the legislature have already been on a spending spree to save us from suffering due to poor decisions we made.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found these two items rather funny.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow. I don't know if there's much else to say. Do you think they think things through before they spit them out there?