Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Poor Communication

Sometimes it would be better for government officials to keep their mouth shut and just post information or read it. Cut out the attempt at blowing smoke and just give the facts.

I say this because yesterday Secretary Geithner made the announcement of their plan, but didn't give any real details to the plan. The market interpreted that in many different ways but gave the same reaction: Sell!

I was dissapointed to say the least with their announcement, but then today I read the fact sheet about their plan and found that the plan is actually really good. I like it. In fact, I like it so much I think it will be all we need to get out of this crisis. I do think it will take some time still, with this plan, but we will get out of it. We don't need the stimulus bill the legislature is finalizing with this plan, in my opinion.

To read the 7 page fact sheet: http://financialstability.gov/docs/fact-sheet.pdf

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It really would solve a lot of problems, I think, if they reduced the face time. Maybe some politicians wouldn't think they were celebraties and would just get to work. It's too bad everyone is in such a hurry that they won't let different (and infinitely less expensive) plan a chance to work before they pull out the big guns.