Thursday, March 26, 2009

Follow-up to Wealth Distribution

I read an article today by Martin Feldstein, brilliant Harvard Economist, who wrote regarding the Governments plans to remove the tax deductions for charitable donations given by the wealthy. I think the government is thinking that they are just closing up a tax loophole for the wealthy, but in fact they are going to hurt charitable giving. He explains why it is yet another not very thought out government idea.

I can't help but point out that I wrote my post before Mr. Feldstein did, but he most certainly wrote his more intelligently and with greater data to back up the argument.

Click here for the article.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

All around there seems to be a complete disconnect. The administration is looking for an "easy" chunk of money that helps their own sensibilities and yet ignore the ridiculous waste that has been shoved through on every bill that has crossed Obama's desk. A little more thoughtfulness and less tunnel vision really would go along way, I think.