Tuesday, January 18, 2011

China

I have been reading as much as I can lately about China. I don't think I have a full grasp of it yet so there will probably be a better post later, but I came across this article and wanted to share and get some opinions.

Personally I don't think China can keep playing its game for too much longer because it has already started to hurt its own citizens enough to cause rumblings (it's hard to find evidence of these rumblings but they are there).

Anyway, here is the article: http://www.cnbc.com/id/41134710

1 comment:

tom said...

That's interesting. I've also read elsewhere about China's strides in weapons systems, particularly aeronautical. Between drones and reverse engineering the Russians' most advanced fighters (which, believe it or not give even our F-22 formidable competition) they are becoming a force to reckon with. The drones are still about 10 years behind ours, but at their rate of advancement it won't take them 10 years (although drones are no match for manned aircraft) and they could already be very effectively used for crowd control should the Chinese masses get too restless.