Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"It's Not As Bad As You Think"

I have to say that I really like Brian Wesbury. He is labeled as a perma-bull and I don't think he would have a problem with that in that long-term he believes in the US economy. Oddly enough however, one of the times he was named the top economist for the year it was back in 2000 and he was one of the few who was calling for a bear market. I think that too many out there are pessimistic in regards to our country's future. I think we can partly thank our politicians and media for that attitude because all of them have been saying that things are horrible and the world will end because the "other" party is in power and if you would just elect them they would be able to work on fixing the mess. Personally I think we should all take a step back, look at history, and start believing in what Americans are capable of accomplishing.

I love this video that he posted to their blog, which brings me to the other reason why I like Wesbury. He is with an independent firm and they say what they think without a care to who they might offend; unlike some of the other asset managers out there.

http://www.ftportfolios.com/retail/blogs/Economics/index.aspx

I would suggest that after watching the video you take a look at the pictures below it. Too funny!

No comments: